Carpet CleaningJune 7, 2017
School and College CleaningJune 16, 2017
Steam cleaning is one of the best way to remove dirt and debris deeply struck in the carpet and our Carpet steam cleaner in Hobart are the best. Our professional carpet cleaner will make sure to inform you to clear the room out and vacuum thoroughly before steam cleaning. It is a simple method of clearing the carpet with the help of steam cleaning machine, soap and water.
First, fill the machine with hot water and add appropriate amount of soap.
Your machine may work even it is pushed or pulled, but make sure you understand the operating instructions carefully
Then, start in a corner and cross the room back and forth making long strips.
At last give plenty of drying time and use fans to dry the carpet
Remove everything from the room.
Steam cleaning is easier to operate when you remove all your general dusters, papers and toys from the floor. Also move all the tables, chairs and furniture out of the room to make sure the floor is as clear as it can be.
- If some furniture s are too heavy to move we can place squares of wax papers, foil, woodblocks or plastics under the legs to protect the furniture from the moisture of the carpet cleaner. We cannot clean the room completely if there remains the furniture in the room.
- If you don’t have the room to move the furniture, move it all at the half of the room and separate the room the two different sections. At last let the carpet dry before you move furniture back to the already cleaned half.
Dust the baseboards.
As we run the steam cleaner, You might knock the dust off the baseboards if you don’t dust them beforehand. You can use dust cloth with wood polish or a long handled duster to remove as much as you can. Also dust the ceiling fans and corners to prevent extra dust from falling on the carpet after steam clean is done.
Vacuum the entire carpet carefully.
The team of best carpet cleaner are meant to pull up small dirt particles that are struck down in the fibers of the carpets. Vacuum doesn’t help removing hair and larger dirt pieces. While cleaning the room vacuum the entire room more slowly than you usually would. It is even better for you to go over the room twice to get as much of the larger debris as possible.
- For extra cleaning, you can also use a nozzle attachment to get right up to the baseboards and edges of the room.
- Vacuuming also helps to fluff up the carpet so that the steamer can clean the fibers more effectively.
Use stain remover on specific bad spots.
Steamers not always lift deep, set-in stains, so it’s always much helpful to treat stains before steaming the carpets. Always use a carpet stain remover, or other natural solutions as preferred. Blot the stain remover up with a cloth or can also leave it to be sucked up by the machine.
- When you do this, also dab at the stains with a cloth but never scrub at stains as this can cause them to work deeper into the carpet.
Fill the steam cleaner with hot water.
Most of the machines have a heating mechanism for the water, using hot water helps. It is easier to use water that is hot as possible without actually being boiling. Only use as much as the water as the machine requires so that you don’t overfill the water tank. Keep on checking the max fill line on the water tank.
- Some of the natural fiber carpet can shrink from hot water or can be harmed by detergent, so always stay aware of what type of carpet you are planning to steam clean.
Add soap as directed.
Steam cleaners usually use detergent of some kind, so it is important to check the machine’s instructions to use the right kind. It is better to use only the amount directed, as using too much soap will cause it to stay in the carpet.
- Some machines will have a specific compartment where the soap goes, and others might direct you to mix the soap into the water.
Opt for vinegar over detergent.
Steam is not actually what helps cleaning the carpet, a detergent or cleaner is. If you are sensitive to chemicals and want neutral options, vinegar is great for cleaning. Get the mixture of 50/50 solutions of vinegar with the hot water.
Start in a corner.
First find the corner that is diagonal from the door or entrance of the room. Then, start cleaning the corner and slowly walk yourself out of the room. If the room that you are working has an open concept or has more than one entrance, you will have more freedom regarding where to start. Wherever you start from but make sure you do not walk on the parts that have already been cleaned.
- In some cases if your steamer is one that you pull backward, make sure to put the head as close to the corner as you can. If you push the machine forward, also clean the small area in the corner and then walk along the wall out of the particular area.
Push or pull the machine as directed.
Steam cleaners usually use hot water in the carpet and then immediately suck up the dirty water. Some are also meant to lay water and pulled back to suck it up. Others work only by pushing or only by pulling. It is important to read the directions for your machine before you use it.
- However after the machine work is done, make sure that you don’t walk on the carpet that you have just cleaned. If in some cases you need to walk behind the steamer on the wet carpet do so with bare feet so your shoes don’t leave any marks.
Walk the machine in long lines across the room.
Steamers are more effective when you can make long passes from wall to wall. Always try to walk from the corner to the opposite wall and back. Pass over the same line twice if only your steamer lays the soapy water going forward and helps to suck it up going backwards. Never use short, back and forth strokes as you would be using a vacuum.
- When you start each new line, overlap the line slightly before it to make sure you don’t leave any lines of the uncleaned carpets.
Move the machine slowly to allow it work.
Steam cleaners work relatively slower than vacuums so it is necessary to moderate your speed. Also pulling the machine too fast will not give it time to suck up the water, letting the carpets to be wetter than it should be. It is always better to go slower than going fast.
- As you tend to walk in lines, a good rate is taking one step about in every 2 seconds. This allows machine plenty of time to complete the work.
Allow the carpet to dry completely.
Most of carpets take minimum 6 to 8 hours to dry all the way, but in some conditions it may take 12-24 hours. Make sure you don’t walk on the carpet during this entire time. If you absolutely have to, put plastic bags over your feet so that you don’t tuck any dirt on the wet carpet.
- Please sign in at the entrance of the room to deter people from walking in on it where it is wet.
- You can also turn on the air conditioner and the ceiling fans, as well as place the fan or floor blowers in the room to dry the carpet out faster